Monday, January 2, 2012

Next Challenge Begins Thursday 1/5/12 at 6:00 pm

Challenge begins Thursday, January 5, 6:00 pm at the Haines School Library.  Come for the support and make the changes you would like to see in yourself. If you are considering joining the challenge, give some thought to what you would like to change.  Do you want to run a marathon or keep up with the grandkids when they come to visit or garden for hours without you legs and back getting sore?   Do you want to lose 10 lbs or learn to grow your own foods?  Do you want to pick up that guitar again or learn to meditate?  This challenge is about what you want to do. 

By an Unknown Monk, in 1100 A.D.,  When I was a young man, I wanted to change the world. I found it was difficult to change the world, so I tried to change my nation. When I found I couldn't change the nation, I began to focus on my town. I couldn't change the town and as an older man, I tried to change my family. Now, as an old man, I realize the only thing I can change is myself, and suddenly I realize that if long ago I had changed myself, I could have made an impact on my family. My family and I could have made an impact on our town. Their impact could have changed the nation and I could indeed have changed the world."  

No comments:

Post a Comment